Monday 23 May 2016

Love Your Sister / Mother / Friend

Some seriously beautiful words from the most soulful and altruistic brother and sister combos I follow on Facebook. If you don't follow "Love Your Sister" then give it a crack and join the village. You will be welcomed with open arms and not so gently told to feel your boobs for lumps!

"Last week I cried way too many times in one day, like whole torrents. Eventually, no matter how many appointments you schedule, or people you call or social scrolls you tear through, it’ll eventually be just you and that black mongrel mutt in some unexpected place on some idle weekday. I thought he came and went. Stupidly. He double backed with interest but I piffed him the eye with a pebble and he slunk away. I became wary.  Sure enough, back he came, with all his cohorts of course, barking bollocks, but this time I was ready and I vanquished him and his henchmutts with a terrific scolding and sent them packing without so much as a hairline fracture on the middle finger of my right hand. 
My new friend Em Rusciano smelt my anxiety from interstate (she does that shit all the time, it’s not even weird for her) and she sent me a quote from SC Lourier “Be confused, it’s where you begin to learn new things. Be broken, it’s where you begin to heal. Be sad, because if we are brave enough, we can hear our hearts wisdom thought it. Be whatever you are right now. No more hiding. You are worthy. Always.” 
The takeout? 1. Em Rusciano is rad. 2. If you cry enough, your neighbour might rescue you by lighting up the basketball court after dark with her car headlights so that you can keep playing. 3) Never apologise for crying. Crying is important and good and to say sorry for it is boring. Thanks  Em for recalibrating me with a pertinent quote, to the village for having my back and to dear Glenda, who tonight provided light for me in the dark, as have all you villagers lately. Thanks. Good stuff. Back to warm and fuzzies. Harrumph to that sillyness plus phew equals fuzzlies! xsam

Oh, and Em Ruscian's contribution came in! It's a balls out wake up call to certain men out there and I LOVE IT! The Stick is going to be so many hoots and you can only get it here with us... xsam"

http://eepurl.com/bMaO9f


No comments:

Post a Comment