Thursday 1 September 2016

The dog is biting my ankles

Today, that little black dog is angrily snapping at my ankles. I'm going through a painfully sad time at the moment and she knows it.

She is trying to find every reason to bring me down, make me resort to excess alcoholism or cigarette smoking (I admit there have been a few - I'm human!), she reads into everything that is being said to me and tries to mangle into her negativity.

I'm sorry (not sorry), pup, but this time you are not bringing me down to your level. Yes there will be tears, but they don't last long. I have way too much in my beautiful life to smile about. And in those moments I don't feel I do, the universe sends me a multitude of people who show they give a shit about me. It took me a while to realise I need to ask the universe to send them my way, instead of staying in my shell. This tango. It's everlasting. Sometimes it's so much fun. Other times, I'm bloody exhausted while napping and drooling on the train (sorry to all the people who have sat next to me). 

We will get thru this, pup. We will show the people who are hurting and hurting us that we love them in the best way we can. In the meantime, let's be gentle and hug it out 😘




No comments:

Post a Comment