Friday 23 August 2013

Who you gonna call?

Today I'm feeling sorry for myself. Do ever feel like you have so many friends yet feel alone? I have many people I can call to lighten my mood but a) I just don't have it in me and b) I don't want to worry/bother them with my problems. My self esteem is so low at the moment I feel I really don't have much to add to a conversation.

A little voice in my head tells me to get over it. Just on the way home on the radio I was listening to the news about a couple killed in their home and kids with cancer. How do I get the perspective I need??? Get out of my head and into reality with people who, when I eventually call them, will help me realise why they are my friend - even if it has been a while. We don't have to talk about my woes, they may actually have things about their lives to tell me - new babies, promotions, even a good book they read! Simple but warm conversations. Who AM I gonna call?? There are many possibilities, thanks for allowing me to "talk" it out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment