Tuesday 17 September 2013

Always look on the bright side of life

I wanted to share with you a technique that my hubby and I use to pull each other up if we are speaking negatively. 

We have a code word to say to each other to bring attention to the fact that we are being negative. Our word is Elephant.  One, because my mum once said to me "relationships are like eating an elephant, you take it one piece at a time".  And Two, because I can't help but smile when I think of elephants, such beautiful creatures (hence my pseudonym).

So, my challenge to you is think of a word which makes you smile (beach, monkey, Eddie Murphy, bum!), tell someone close to you, who you talk to often, to say this word to you when you are talking negatively. You then have a choice - to stop what you are saying or, even better, turn it into a positive.

It is a challenge, but a worthwhile one. An exercise to help turn your words into your thoughts...


No comments:

Post a Comment