Tuesday 10 September 2013

Regression is progression

Yesterday was one of those days for me. I had a number of things happen which sent me into a downward spiral. BUT instead of letting these things get to me for days I took action. I called my mum and had a good cry, talked to her about why I felt overwhelmed and had the bile-tasting panic in my throat. She gave me options and told me she would take care of a few things to lighten my load. 

I talked to my hubby. He gave me a hug and told me not to just get into my PJs but to have a long hot shower and use up all the hot water. I didn't use all the water but it felt amazing standing under the stream for longer than my 2-minute-morning-marathon!!

The other thing he suggested we do is watch a comedy show, it was the last thing I felt like doing, but so glad I did. I was having a great chuckle by the end of it (it was Comedy Central's roast of James Franco, if you are into naughty humour).

My realisation today - I took my own advice and embraced my depression. I took steps to combat it - I talked, I cried, I nurtured myself AND I asked for help. Yay me!

Today I woken a lot more bright-eyed and bushy-tailed than I expected. I may have regressed a little but progressed in leaps and bounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment