Sunday 29 September 2013

Step 4 in the Journey to Happiness

So a bit of a recap of the first three steps, thanks to my lovely friend Michelle at Gentle Warriors:

1. Breathe - give yourself time out and don't sweat the really small stuff.

2. Fake it - even if you don't feel radiant, put the smile on your dial and get positive.

3. Believe - in yourself and manifesting miracles. By affirmations, what and who you listen to, don't give up and stay positive. 

Step 4 - Gratitude 

"The Universe is grateful for you! Appreciation for everything flows through you in great bounty. Cherish the preciousness of life and everyone and everything around you." - Soul Coaching Oracle Cards Guide Book.

I have a question for you. What kind of grateful are you?

1. The kind that was brought up to use manners and then just automatically says thank you, without really thinking about what someone has done for you. Or

2. The kind that really takes note of the things that are given to you in life and pays it forward. 

I have realised I alternate between the two. I am always grateful, I just don't always show or acknowledge as much as I should. 

Sometimes I feel that thank you is enough, other times it isn't. How do you tell the difference?  I go with my gut.  For example, I am friends with Yvonne of Essential Insights, and on the weekend I was looking in my cupboard and noticed the large amount of essences I have ordered/received from her.  I was overwhelmed by her generosity.  Is this a time where I just say thank you?  I don't think so.  I have therefore popped something in the post to her to let her know her kindness is appreciated. She is a woman that does so much for so many and I never want her to feel she is unappreciated.

I am making it my intention to show my gratitude more, I figure it's a win-win.  You get to make people realise how valued they are and that they are making a difference.  You also put it out to the universe that you and this person are deserving of good things.   This brings more good things into your life, and you start to feel a whole lot better about life in general.  How could you not love that?!

How am I going to show that I am grateful?

- I have downloaded a gratitude diary to my iPhone (I am more likely to write in this than a journal as I have my phone handy most of the time).   Gratitude 365\

- I will update my address book so I can pop a note of thanks to someone when the time comes (making sure I have stamps handy!).

- I will use up more of my credit on my phone to drop someone a text message or even just make a call to say I am thinking of them and grateful to have them in my life. 

- Instead of "just" saying thank you, I will compliment the person who has shown me kindness, and really mean it.

It may sound so simple but it pays off in so many ways.  How do you show you are grateful??


1 comment:

  1. I love this post ~ thank you! I have enJOYed revisiting the Attitude of Gratitude ... and checking out our FABULOUS affirmation card!

    ReplyDelete